Sunday, January 29, 2012

John Deere Heaven

Heaven...I'm in Heaven...I just got a John Deere blanket, shirt, movie & 1962 1010 JD special for my birthday. Imagine, little 'ole me bein' tickled green and yella by all things John Deere. Shucks, call me crazy, but I think every kid needs a two cylinder Johnny Popper amongst their trains, planes and them thar Wii Play Stations. I mean come on, a Johnny gets to play in the dirt all day, dig thangs up, cut crops down and spray water and manure everywhere. And if he's really lucky, he'll get shined & polished for the Pioneer Day Parade in July. That's when a good 'ole JDT has really hit the big time.

I told my Ma, when I growed up, that I like to be a tractor driver. Right now, I'm a little short to reach the peddles of my grandpas tractor, but he lets me steer that beautiful piece of machinery around his field when I visit.

On my own time, I get plenty of drivin' in with my mini 8020 and '62 1010 special John Deere models. I drive them everywhere...in my room, in the kitchen, in the car. I've tried sneakin' 'em into church, but I ain't had no luck with that one. I thought Mama wouldn't mind if my 1010 & I snuggled in next to her and Daddy early this morning. But I guess he just wasn't as soft and cuddly as them sheets, pillas and blankets, so Mama took us down to the kitchen for an early oatmeal breakfast, instead of more shut eye.

I know exactly where to pick up "All About John Deere" picture shows at the library. And if I'm really polite like and beg just enough, Mama will let me watch the picture in the wagon on our way home. Gosh, she's so good to me.

Yep, I think being three years old and havin' my own set of mini farmin' machines, with a blanket and shirt to keep me warm on those cooler harvest nights, suits me just fine.

Honest. I ain't bluffin'. Liars don't get to go to John Deere Heaven.

2 comments:

Christie said...

What a fun read, and one cute kid!

Christie said...

PS I love your header. It's beautiful!