Sunday, April 7, 2013

To Treasure

"Fly!" cheeps the baby bird.  "Way up high!"  So the mama helps the baby bird FLIP, FLAP, FLY...
in the blue, blue sky, where the wind blows wish.
"Look!" cheeps the baby bird.  I see a...
mother who adores me, a father who protects me, a sister who cuddles me, two brothers who teach & tease me, and one year to tickle my toes.

Baby Jay was born this day, 365 days ago and what is a mother to say.  The experiences a mother shares with her infant are priceless.  Every breath, cry, coo, giggle, smile, tear, grasp, every moment spent with your baby is to be bottled up and stored...forever.  Preserved for the nights when you find yourself alone, in a rocking chair, thumbing through albums of years gone by.

The look in an old woman's eye as she observes me holding a baby in one arm and with the other, corralling three more children, tells me to savor the time when a woman is blessed beyond measure.  It is time to treasure and never wish away.


And so I will reflect on the moments that see me through each day.  Beginning with the call of my "Blue Jay" at mornings break.  At times it is hard to awake and stand up to the challenges of a new day, but my Jay brings me hope.  As I open the door to take care of one of my biggest blessings, he smiles, jumps up and down and gives me a hug, whispering, "Momma, it's going to be a great day!"

Happy Birthday Tee Tah.  I'll love you for always.

Sweet Treasure of Mine.






2 comments:

Christie said...

Happy Birthday!

What great pics, cute hat, and adorable little guy.

He's sure blessed to have such a loving and fun family!

Hope this year's a great one.

Kinder said...

He's so big and cute!


Robyn ;)