Monday, May 21, 2012

Mothers in Nature

A wonderful Mother's Day stroll at Summerlake Park.  
We spotted 3 baby ducklings and 9 baby goslings this golden afternoon.  And I ask myself, "How does she do it?"  How does a mother and father goose hatch nine baby goslings at one time and keep them in line, literally.  
Imagine, nine kids all at once!
It's a good thing she doesn't have to potty train them...but then again, teaching your children how to fly may be just as stressful. 
This Mother's Day has taught me to relax and enjoy our living planet more.  And to give reverence to all mothers, feathered or not.  Mother's who are simply trying to teach their children to fly.

2 comments:

Kinder said...

9 kids is a lot, but remember the Grimes had 15!

I can't imagine having more than 5 or so kids.

Robyn

Maggie Landry said...

Wow! This is a very sweet blog. You are a very busy mommy yourself as I see from your beautiful family picture. My name is Maggie Landry and I am a mom of four children. I just came across your blog and I am so enjoying your very sweet and positive reflections and experiences of motherhood. I hardly am online because of my very busy life but today I said why not. My house is quiet this morning with all my little ones at pre-school and grade school. I feel very blessed to have read your blog this morning. I have placed it as a favorite.
Blessings to you on the birth of your new baby. Enjoy your week and God bless, Maggie Landry