Sunday, November 18, 2012

I'm trying to be like Jesus...

"You're children were so wonderful up there."
"Were those your kids who sang?  Darling."
"And the way he had his arm around her..."

"When they started to sing...the tears just began to flow."
"Maille & Ethan were so beautiful.  They did such a great job."
"I thought I saw Ethan whisper to Maille before they sang, Are you ready?  Ok."
"Oh Melissa, Melissa you're kids were just little angels up there.  Honey! Come here.  This is their mom."
"Stole the show.  They stole the show."
"Hey, look!  I babysit those kids."

All words spoken to me on Sunday, October 28th, the day of our ward primary program. 

For months Maille, Ethan & Adam practiced both versus of the children's song, I'm Trying To Be Like Jesus.  We practiced in the car, at dinner time, at bedtime, at Family Home Evening.  It became the household melody after the primary presidency asked if my children would sing a duet for the program in October. 

The day of, a tear or two or five swelled up in my eyes as I stood and watched E & Mai that Sabbath Day, stand with courage, love and the spirit, trying to be like Jesus. 

It was a definite highlight and confirmation of my calling and privilege to raise God's children in truth, righteousness and song.

1 comment:

Paige said...

It sounds like it was amazing. I wish I could have seen it!